Friday, March 19, 2010

Freeze!

Jalene and I had fun posing my baby for a photo shoot this last week.
Our first attempt resulted in two new blankets
 getting peed on and a white shirt getting poo all over it.

Beck really wasn't too keen on getting his picture taken.
We tried a second time and had much better results.

Here are a few from the second shoot. 





I've only had this little guy for less than 3 weeks but I already want to freeze time.
I feel like every day my baby looks different.
His cheeks get a little chubbier, his belly a little rounder, a new expression on his face.
I'm so afraid of missing my little newborn I'm trying really hard to savor every moment.

I get a little too offended when Chase innocently says something like
 "I can't wait until he smiles at us".
Instead of agreeing, my response is something like "Stop wishing our baby's life away!"
Then I sing that country song to him...
"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back.
You're gonna wish these days, hadn't gone by so fast..."

Just so I have it on record, here were Beck's stats at his 2 week appointment.

birthweight: 6 lb 10 oz (25th percentile)
weight leaving hospital: 6 lb 1 oz
height: 20 inches (75th percentile)

2 weeks
weight: 7 lb 3.5 oz (25th percentile)
height: 20.5 inches (75th percentile)

We've got a tall and skinny boy on our hands!

No comments: