Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Countdown to cruise: 9 days!


In 9 days Chase and I will be leaving for Florida for a Western Caribbean CRUISE! Oh my goodness I am so excited. We got a voucher for a Carnival cruise when we bought our car back in December so we're cashing in! It wasn't as "FREE" as it was advertised, but we still got an amazing deal for the cruise and negotiated a large discount for our car so we are happy.

Its a four day cruise that leaves out of Miami and stops in Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. This is my first cruise and we are trying to plan Excursions. Has anyone been on this cruise before? Chase wants to see the Mayan ruins but the only Excursion we found is 7 hours long, which will take up the entire time at Cozumel. Anyone have any cruise experience or advice to share?

4 comments:

kami said...

HOW EXCITING!!! i've never been on a cruise either so i don't have any advice...just live it up and have a ball!! i can't wait to see lots of pictures!

Rachel and Jason said...

Leah! Oh my gosh...I'm SO jealous. We (my family) went on one my senior year of high school and did the Eastern Caribbean cruise with Carnival. It was AMAZING. Get ready to eat yourself into a food coma. We went on a few excursions, but the really popular ones were really expensive...so we ended up doing the ones that took us to beautiful islands where we could lay out all day on the white sand beach. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! Also, I wouldn't recommend "glass bottom boat tours." They're not as great as they sound. It's more like "one glass window on the bottom of the boat to look through while you're standing squished next to complete strangers." Plus, the glass is so thick, the colors aren't as amazing as you would think they would be. That's all for now. Have SO much fun. I'm trying to convice Jase to take me on one when I graduate. Tell Chase hi!

Taryn said...

Sounds like so much fun! I have never been so I don't really have any advice for ya! But have a great time!

Ashley and Zach Smart said...

Not fair!! I love cruises!! There isn't much to do in Key West but shop and take pics, so no advice there. The funnest thing we did in Cozumel was go to Playa Mia Beach, which you can get a taxi to take you there right when you get off the boat. When you go, you pay to get in and then everything is free- as many margaritas and pina coladas as you want, and there are little lawn chairs right on the ocean, paddleboats- go there if you mostly want to lay out in the sun or play in the ocean. I haven't been to Mexico, but it all sounds sooo fun! Have a blast and post lots of pics when you get back so I can live vicariously through them!