Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'd like to have a baby, please.


(36 week belly)

I am now 37 weeks (and 3 days). booya!!
That is considered full term ya'll.
It is funny how the timing has been so close to what it was with Beck two years ago.
my old maternity clothes matched seasons, and
Beck's hand-me-downs will hopefully work perfectly,
the only problem is that I keep thinking things like,
"exactly two years ago...such-and such was happening"
BUT my due date is a few weeks later than Beck's was,
plus Beck came ten days early.
So today, Beck's birthday, I keep thinking about being in labor and all that jazz
Result?  I feel overdue, and I'm under.

Besides the fact that I will be excited to not be quite so achy and uncomfortable anymore,
we are sooooooo excited to meet our little boy.
There were (and still are) times where imagining our second baby actually being here was a little overwhelming,
but lately we just can't wait to snuggle and get to know the little guy.
I had an ultrasound a few days ago and boy was it fun to see that little angel face.
and also- He has hair!

I've got all his little clothes washed and ready,
the arrangements and back up plans have been discussed,
so really whenever and however this kid decides to come, we should be able to make it work.
I find that my mind stresses and problem solves about things for like two days straight, (this blog post)
and then once I come up with the best possible solution,
I can put the worries aside and just let be, be.
no sense in worrying too much about what I can't control right?

As of  now, we are just savoring our last few weeks as a family of three
and trying to make Beck's last days as an only child as sweet as can be.
and sometimes I accidentley rhyme. :)

Also, stay tuned for birthday details of this cute kid!





post signature

6 comments:

jalene said...

So cute! I can't wait to meet him! And see you, of course! Happy Birthday to our favorite little nephew. Don't worry, baby #2 will be our favorite also.

Also, I hope I am as cute as you when I am pregnant. You are ALL baby. Not a stinkin' pound, skinny girl. :)

Unknown said...

You seriously don't gain weight anywhere but the belly do you?!? You are beautiful! Good luck with baby 2! I hope all goes smoothly!

Taryn said...

Ah! He will be here sooo soon! I am so excited for you. You will love having two. And happy birthday to Beck! Hope you guys had a fun day celebrating. And yes, you look like you just stuck a basketball under your shirt :) So cute! And I love your boots! Good luck the next two weeks or so. I hope he comes early for you!

Kristin said...

Leah you look amazing! He is almost here and that is so exciting! hope you enjoy these moments with your beautiful family of three! can't wait to meet the little guy!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are so adorable I know exactly how you feel I felt the same way because Halle came two weeks early I just assumed that is what should happen! You are such a great momma! Good Luck I can't wait to see how things turn out for you!